Winter can be harsh sometimes, but you can re-decorate your home to beat the winter blues and continue living in great style!
You want to feel safe and cozy under your own roof. We get it, it’s the best feeling in the whole world. Fall is falling behind us (no pun intended) and now that the winter checklist is also done (check it out here), it’s time for the projects that are less technical and more fun:
Time to upgrade old furniture, have wall makeovers, paint interiors, and all that good stuff!
Winter calls for a fireplace upgrade - how else would you warm yourself and your family while retaining a sense of organic style, almost like in ancient times?
For a fireplace upgrade, you should consider what your angle is. Here are a few ideas:
- Get creative! Make a DIY barn door style fireplace screen like this one.
- Try a new paint job! Learn how to paint a brick fireplace here.
- Want a new fireplace? Learn how to choose the best fireplace for you!
- Not sure what to do? Ask a pro for help. Then you’ll have plenty of options that work for you!
- The fireplace is already perfect? Get a chimney inspection before you start using the fireplace again.
Winter is a wonderful time to paint your interiors with a new and exciting color palette to match the season!
There are basically three ways you can go about this:
- Go for neutral or cool colors to match the feeling of winter
- Go for popping bright colors to balance out the cold
- Or create a cozy environment with warm colors
If you need help choosing and buying, we’ve got you covered.
Front Door Upgrade
A great idea to immediately add some curb appeal to your home without spending too much AND you get to upgrade the look for the winter!
Here are the best ideas to upgrade your front door for the winter:
- Paint over your existing door for a change of color and tone. You can either do this yourself or hire a pro.
- Get a new door knocker which will come out cheap yet will completely revamp the look of your front door - like this!
- Replace your front door for the ultimate new look.
There are about a million ways you can go about upgrading furniture:
- You can purchase new furniture from places like IKEA and upgrade them to your liking
- You can paint your new (or old) furniture for an entirely new look
- You can use these tricks to make your old furniture look like new again
Wall makeovers don’t always boil down to painting, you can also apply wallpapers!
But if you’re looking for a new wall paint job, the effects are just as good.
Posters + Printables
Now here’s something that you can try endlessly, as they’re super inexpensive and totally non-permanent: posters and printables!
The one above was made by us - you can download the entire set of monograms right here!
You could go for virtually any artwork you like, but since it’s winter, perhaps something winter-themed.
Follow us on Facebook for more winter decoration tips and inspiration!
Keep on reading:
8 Wood Wall Decorations To Make Your Home Extra Cozy
This Winter Checklist Will Get Your Home Ready for the Cold Weather
5 Home Services to Keep Your Home Safe and Warm In The Cold Weather
5 Tricks to Dealing With Snow You Didn't Know