With the start of the new year, everybody's searching for ways to improve their lives and their homes, and one of the best ways to transform your house is by updating the floor - especially in common areas like the bathroom - that can easily affect our mood everytime we walk in. But don’t make an outdated choice: check out these amazing new bathroom tile flooring trends that are stylish, beautiful, and most importantly: durable!
Where we love is home - home that our feet may leave, but not our hearts. -Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.
The trend is not new, but it is coming full force in 2017. Hardwood flooring is one of the most beautiful and beloved flooring options out there, but it is not the best choice for a bathroom, that needs a waterproof flooring. To get the wood look and feel but still have a durable option that withstands the daily rigors and that can last for decades while still looking good, wood-like tile is the best choice.
Brick Floor Tile
Brick tile is already popular on the walls of kitchens and bathrooms all over the country, but now the trend is reaching the floors. With a wide range of colors – the most popular being white, orange, brown, gray and black – a wide range of finishes, and various different pattern choices, there is, without a doubt, the perfect brick floor tile option to fit your bathroom style and decor.
The timeless elegance that marble brings to a home is appearing on tile floors too, and the trend has come to stay. The marble-look tile looks beautiful in basically any bathroom style, it is durable and perfect for the bathroom, while being much cheaper and avoiding all that maintenance and polishing that actual marble requires.
- White: White is always a good choice for the bathroom, and this year it won’t be different. White wood-like tiles or total white brick floor tiles are making a huge impact this year.
- Gray: As expected, gray will be a major trend during the year, including gray flooring options too.
- Espresso: The dark brown will make a huge appearance during the year for those who want a bolder look.
- Aqua: The vibrant and bright blue was a huge hit all over houses during 2016, and now it will return for bathrooms too. An aqua floor is a beautiful choice mixed with neutrals, especially with white.
Pattern and Layout Trends
- Geometric: Mixing different sized tiles and arranging them in an abstract way is one of the trends that will make an appearance this year, especially on younger households.
- Herringbone: The pattern that puts together each rectangular plank meeting the other in a staggering zigzag is one of the biggest flooring trends this year.
- Subway Tile Pattern: The pattern that appeared most on backsplashes and wall tiles is now taking over the floor.
What do you think of these beautiful trends? Which are you using to refresh your bathroom? Let us know on the comment section below and check out our Articles Page and Facebook for more amazing and fresh ideas!