Have you ever tried decorating your home with dark walls? They give a room an awesome decor accent and since they’re the room’s focal point, you can go neutral on the decor without worries of having a boring room!
Thinking about that, we’ve gathered here nine of the best uses of black accent walls to inspire you on trying the style yourself!
“Be faithful to your own taste, because nothing you really like is ever out of style.” - Billy Baldwin
Combining a black walls interior design with some amazing wall art pieces is a brilliant idea! Especially with the use of black and white art - that way the art won’t steal the show away from the wall, but it will still make a nice statement in the room.
This minimalistic entryway is an awesome way to welcome your guests! It’s beautiful, classy, and gives a “you’re about to see something amazing” kind of look. Add some accents with a natural houseplant and a brightly colored rug, and you’ll have a lovely entryway!
What a wonderful way to get comfy in the bedroom and find yourself in the dreamland of perfection! This room is perfect for painting a wall black!
And here’s why:
It gets plenty of sunlight during the day, which will make the room bright even though you’re not using any bright colors!
This millennium apartment decor is a great choice to fill a room with personality when you don’t have much space to work with. The most important tip among the painting a room black tips (as I see it, at least) is that you have something with a detail in black (hence the rug) and the remaining decor should revolve around a more neutral style (in this case, the color basis is white and shades of brown).
This dining room sure has one of the most beautiful decor styles I’ve ever seen in my life! Everything matches and fits so perfectly here that I’m not even sure what to say about it other than how beautiful I think this it!
Let’s give it a try and see the elements separately:
- The white cabinet is the first thing to highlight the black wall (and the painting above it makes the cabinet itself get more attention with the white frame)
- The light fixture is really unique and gives a great illumination to the room alongside the two lamps on the back (which have black lamp shades that blend in beautifully to the wall)
- Table and chairs make the room have a classic look with the colors brown and black (that are also a perfect match)
- The patterned, black and white rug is the finishing touch this room needs to reach perfection since it matches both the wall and cabinet, and it’s a nice balance with the uniqueness of the light fixture
A bohemian decor style is great to set a lighter mood while contrasting the black wall! And just like the millennium apartment decor we’ve seen above, this room is completed with:
- Shades of brown
- The color white as a main contrast
- A bit of green by the corner
- Black details in the rug
Since hallways aren’t a place we usually hang out in, using black walls there is a good option if you’re worried about getting tired of looking at black walls for a long time! That way you’ll have beautiful decor and a modern looking home!
This kitchen sure looks modern! It’s unlike any other kitchen we’ve seen since...forever, I guess! And the floating shelves are a smart way to make it standout. At the same time it also makes the whole room somewhat homier.
What about this fancy bathroom? The unique dotted flooring, marble countertop, and black walls make a perfect combo here! This is probably my favorite project of all (though the dining room makes me so thrilled to have black walls at home too!), it’s just so pleasing to look at this place!
I hope you liked the article and that this has inspired you the way it did me!
Ready to get the painting started? Find out how much your project is going to be: request a free quote here!
- 7 Mistakes Everyone Makes When Trying To Organize
- 10 Moments Pink Got the Front Row in Decor
- 10 Ways to Improve Your Home if You're on a Tight Budget