Planning a New Year’s party is one of the best things ever, there are so many fun ideas to try that’s just too exciting! But it’s not so fun to think about the morning after clean up you will also have to plan.
These tips for cleaning up after your New Year’s party are sure to help you keep excited and throw the best party ever!
“The new year stands before us, like a chapter in a book, waiting to be written.” - Melody Beattie
Before Going to Bed
There a couple of tasks to get done before you go to bed and wake up to a huge mess the morning after.
- Collecting cups, beer cans, and any empty bottles you find around the house. Alcohol does not smell good when it’s old and warm overnight.
- Put leftover food and snacks on the fridge
- Re-cork unfinished open bottles so you don’t waste good wine
- Apply stain remover to cloths and napkins so they can easily be washed the next morning
- Fill the dishwasher to avoid ants coming over for a visit
Once you get those done, it’ll be really quick and then you’ll be able to rest for the morning after! Speaking of which, when you do wake up, here’s what you need to do.
Open the Windows
Depending on the region you’re at, it’ll probably be cold, but still, try to open the windows so you can air the house.
More than that,
Add orange peel to cups of boiling water, that will help create a fresh, clean smell throughout the house and the citrus from the orange will absorb any leftover stench from the previous night.
Wash Cloths and Napkins
If you did leave the cloths and napkins soaking in stain remover the night before, then it should be really easy to get them cleaned in the morning. Just put them in the washing machine and they’ll be as good as new!
Take Out the Trash
Go around the house and collect everything that’s trash and you didn’t pick up the night before.
Then make sure to take out the trash to avoid smells, ants, or flies gathering to bother you.
Handy Vacuum Cleaner
You’re probably aware that New Year’s parties always have a lot of confetti. Since they’re small and can easily slip into your couch (much like food crumbs, which your house will also have lots of after the party), a handy vacuum cleaner will be the best choice for you to get the house cleaned.
Want to enjoy the party without the worry of cleaning? Hire a professional cleaning service to help you out - Get a Free Quote!!
More from homeyou:
- How to Keep Your Home Organized for the New Year
- A Step-by-Step Guide For An Unforgettable New Year’s Eve Party
- How to Pick Achievable New Year’s Resolutions