Today we have a wonderful guest post from Shelby Kummer, author of Go Eat and Repeat! She's come up with this super quick and delicious thai basil chicken recipe that we know you're going to love!
Days can be draining, but dinner doesn’t have to be! Thai Basil Chicken is a skinny meal that can be put together in just 25 minutes!
How many times have you come home after a long day and stumbled into your kitchen and reached for the easiest thing possible to make? Peanut butter and jelly sound familiar? Or maybe you didn’t make dinner at all. Maybe it’s coming from a fast food window that took more of your money and your health.
I know, I’ve been there. When I get home I am TIRED. And even though I love to cook, sometimes I really just don’t feel like it. I definitely am a lazy chef on weeknights.
But the story doesn’t need to end the same old way. Try rewriting your nightly narrative with some Thai Basil Chicken.
This meal could not be any simpler or quicker. From the start of ingredient prep to plating the meal, Thai Basil Chicken takes just 25 minutes to put together. 25 minutes I can do.
What’s even better is that it is a meal I can feel good about. No frying. No thick and heavy sauces. Just simple food with powerful flavor. Plus, who couldn’t use something a little different on their weeknight? (After all, we can only have mac and cheese so many times..)
Give yourself and your dinner a break tonight. Go for the Thai Basil Chicken.
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 15 minutes
- Serves 4
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 2 tsp sriracha sauce
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp sesame oil (can sub in vegetable or canola oil)
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes, plus more to garnish
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium onion, cut in half then sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves
- Combine soy sauce, sriracha, brown sugar, sesame oil, and red pepper flakes in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat with olive oil. Place in chicken breasts, sliced onion, and garlic cloves. Cook for 2-3 minutes then add in prepared sauce. Continue cooking until chicken is white throughout, about 5 more minutes. Add in basil leaves and stir to combine. Cook just until the basil is wilted and remove the skillet from the heat.
- Serve the chicken alone or with rice (you can garnish the chicken with more red pepper flakes). If serving with rice, begin cooking rice once all ingredients are prepped and you begin to heat the skillet.
Tip: Prepare all ingredients before starting the recipe. Once you start to cook the chicken it goes quickly!
Hello! My name is Shelby and I am the publisher, recipe developer, and photographer extraordinaire behind Go Eat and Repeat. I'm a twenty-something adult finishing out my Masters degree while pursuing one of my greatest passions in life- food! When I'm not busy in the kitchen I can be found cuddling with my fur babies, out on a walk, or traveling to fun destinations! Follow Shelby on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.
All images are original and should be credited and sourced to Shelby Kummer, author of Go Eat and Repeat and homeyou Home Blogger.