Many can say scrambled eggs are food from the gods: they’re easy to prepare, they’re cheap, they’re nutritious, and, of course, they’re super delicious. To take the classic to a whole new level, here are some tips and tricks on how to make the best scrambled eggs of your life!
To get that breakfast glory, the first thing to consider is the eggs you’ll use. Your scramble is only as good as your eggs! It’s definitely worth to seek out the best of the best. Instead of getting them wherever it’s easiest, you should consider looking for the freshest eggs at the farmer’s market or in those little stores that source their produce locally.
If you want perfect scrambled eggs, you need to know that using a nonstick skillet is a must. I bet that after making the best scrambled eggs of your life, you’ll have a dedicated pan JUST for them.
Oh, and by the way, you’ll be using butter. Lots of it.
Whisking and Seasoning
To start preparing your scrambled eggs, whisk two or three large eggs in a bowl, piercing the yolks with a fork first, to make the blending process easier.
Then, it’s time to season. While some people prefer to add salt and pepper later, adding it to beaten raw eggs right before putting them in the pan will season them more uniformly.
Cooking the Eggs
Two words reign this step: low and slow.
2. Keep stirring. The sides will start cooking faster than the middle, so it’s important to stir the sides towards the center.
3. Take the pan off the heat when the eggs are nearly cooked, before they look “done” to you. They should look fluffy, creamy and pretty shiny.
Now it’s time to present your perfect scrambled eggs. You can sprinkle finely chopped herbs, grated cheese, hot sauce, etc. on top. Now they’re ready to fill your mouth and belly with deliciousness!
Now that you know how to make the best scrambled eggs, you can also get creative and try them along with bacon on a breakfast sandwich, use them in tacos, and many other recipes.
You can also cook them with other ingredients, such as salmon, cheese, or veggies.
Want some extra tips to take your scrambled eggs to the next level? Then try:
- Cooking the bacon first and then cooking your eggs in the same pan, so they soak up that extra flavor.
- Adding half a teaspoon of lemon juice to your beaten eggs. The acid encourages the eggs to become creamier and more tender.
- Cooking them by starting with a cold pan and on low heat for a more even cooking.
Do you prefer normal scrambled eggs or do you prefer to add them to a sandwich? Let us know at our Facebook page or in the comments below!
- The Beginner's Guide to Everything Baking
- 6 Easy Meal Prep Mason Jar Recipes for Busy Weekdays
- 10 Absolute Best Taco Recipes You Have to Try