Are you interested in egg carving designs? So delicate and intricate, they have a very unique look to them. Perhaps you're interested in purchasing one? Or crafting one of your own? If you’re an experienced DIYer, and you own the right egg carving tools, you can make one yourself. Read on for more info.
”It's OK to have your eggs in one basket as long as you control what happens to that basket.” - Elon Musk
Egg Carving Tutorial
Yes, you can carve your very own egg yourself. It does take some time, some skill, and some finesse, but with a lot of effort (and scrambled egg failures) you can craft your very own work of art. Hope you’re hungry for egg salad or scrambled eggs, because DIYers rarely get this down on the first try. Carved eggs are very delicate. Anyway here’s how to carve eggs with a dremel.
- Clear tape - Mark both ends of the egg with clear tape
- Poke holes - Poke holes in opposite ends using a needle or pin
- Toothpick scramble - Scramble the contents inside with a toothpick
- Blow out the yolk - Yup, you are going to forcefully blow on the smaller pinhole to empty the contents
- Rinse - Wash the egg off with water
- Stencil - Draw your design on the egg
- Carve out the design - Be gentle
- Clean - Wipe off your finished egg creation
What Design to Choose?
Of course the real question is which design, stencil, or artwork to choose from. Obviously there are many different skill levels involved, so try to pick something that catches your eye and also seems completely doable. Egg carving patterns can come in a wide array of different options, but as long as you have the right egg carving supplies you’ll be fine. Here’s a look at some of our favorite egg carving designs.
- Nature scenes
- Polka dots
- Checkered patterns
- Geometric designs
- Square blocks
Piotr Bockenheim is an artist on the internet who specializes in using a reductive drilling technique to turn goose eggs into works of art. Truly, he has mastered the art of egg carving designs. He has a Deviantart page that perfectly showcases this brilliant technique. His signature styles are floral designs, geometric patterns, and string patterns. His beautiful art can give you some incredible inspiration for your own designs!
Still looking into different egg decor? Designing a egg for yourself? Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook for more great tips and inspiration!
- 5 Ways to Make the Perfect Eggs
- How to Make the Best Scrambled Eggs of Your Life
- 10 Colorful Easter Egg Decorations Anyone Can Do!
- 12 Pets Ready for the Easter Egg Hunt