Every recipe is better when homemade - knowing what’s being added and how it’s being made makes it that more delicious! When talking about snacks, it may be difficult to find good, healthy ones in stores, especially for kids - seeing how they love to eat sweet treats that are full of sugar! With this homemade gummies recipe, it is now possible to give your kids treats that are both healthy and sweet!
“Happiness lies, first of all, in health.” – George William Curtis
1 ½ cups fruit and/or vegetable juice
A few combinations you can try to make your healthy gummies are:
- Red juice: red beets, strawberries, carrots, and lemon juice
- Orange juice: carrots, oranges, ginger, and mango juice
- Yellow juice: yellow bell pepper, yellow beets, yellow pear, yellow apple, and lemon juice
- Green juice: kale, kiwi, cucumber, green apple, and lime (or green grapes)
- Purple juice: purple cabbage, blackberries, blueberries, red beet, and apple
Related: 11 Vegetables You Can Regrow At Home
4 tablespoons plain gelatin
4 tablespoons usually equals about 5 packets, but it’s a smart move to open the packets and take the measure right.
3 tablespoons honey
You can do more or less honey, depending on personal preference or the amount of veggies used (the more veggies, the more honey).
Did you know adding honey to your diet plan can help you fall asleep better and faster? Learn more about it!
½ teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Pour the juice into a saucepan and sprinkle gelatin over the top.
- Once the gelatin is absorbed, whisk to combine.
- Take your saucepan to the stove and set it to medium heat.
- You’ll want it to get warm enough so the gelatin is fully dissolved, but be careful because you don’t want it to boil.
- When the texture is thin and runny - and if the liquid is smooth instead of grainy - you’re good to go to the next step.
Related: 12 Deliciously Fresh Summer Drinks and Cocktails
- Whisk in the honey and vanilla extract.
- Pour it into candy molds and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours.
Have you ever heard about wine gummies? A special treat for adults that would be the life of any party! Check them out along with these 10 Heavenly Desserts with Completely Unexpected Ingredients.
- Remove from molds and it’s ready to serve!
Note: You can keep your gummies in a container in the refrigerator for about two weeks.
Which juice combination will you try first for your homemade gummies with gelatin? Let us know in the comments below and find out more about a healthy lifestyle in our Lifestyle and Health inspiration page!