With Memorial Day just a week away, you can start planning your BBQ party. Of course, you need to take into account the size of your guest list to have a successful BBQ: how many kids and teens, how many adults, will guests be able to bring their own guests, and so on. After having that settled, make sure to check out our party ideas for the best Memorial Day BBQ ever!
Many people choose not to go all out on the decorations for Memorial Day, so you can make your BBQ party different by adding awesome decorations. Some of these ideas are traditionally for the 4th of July, but they serve well during Memorial Day too, take a look:
- These Mason Jar Flag Lanterns are lovely ornaments for a party that will last until the evening
- Simple and fun, these Painted Lawn Stars are the perfect way to decorate your backyard
- Awesome Tin Can Windsock and Clothespin Wreath you can find here
Traditionally a sentimental day to remind of those who fought in service of their country, you can take a couple of hours to share stories in the family and honor the ones who sacrificed their lives for our country. Alongside that, you’ll need games and entertainment to enjoy and spend time with the loved ones that are still here. Here are a few ideas:
- Backyard sports such as baseball, croquet, or bocce game
- Board games like pictionary
- Arts and crafts space where you can leave some paints and colored pencils for kids to enjoy painting - even helping to decorate with some DIY flags and stars!
- Tin Can Toss for both children and grownups
Foods and Drinks
These amazing ribs will certainly make your barbecue one of the best! Check out the full recipe here.
This salad is really simple to make - since you will basically mix all the ingredients together - and the ingredients are the colors of the American flag! Find the full recipe here.
Star-Shaped Blueberry Pie
Following the theme to honor those who gave their lives, these star-shaped pies are the perfect way to end the day on a delicious note. Find everything you need to make these at eHow.
For these you will need:
- 8 eggs
- Red and blue food coloring
- Onion powder
Check out Plain Chicken for the directions.
A good idea for sunny days is spreading a few picnic cloths around the backyard and enjoying the close family and friends time. This red and white one is perfect for the day!
For this drink you will simply mix grape juice and ginger ale. Then add:
- Fresh blueberries
- Strawberry cut into cubes
- Star-shaped pineapple pieces - that you can make with these cookie cutters from Amazon.
Homemade BBQ Sauce
For this, you will mix in a bowl until smooth:
- 1 and ½ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup yellow mustard
- ¼ cup honey (or brown sugar)
- Salt to taste
And it’s ready to serve!
Raspberry Iced Tea
A drink for the whole family! Find the ingredients, directions, and nutritional facts here.
If you want something grownups only, check out this guide on Wine Pairings for Barbecue.
Lemon Mint Spritzer
This is an easy, refreshing drink. It serves around 12 cups, and you’ll need:
- 2 lemons
- 2 cans frozen lemonade concentrate
- ¼ cup confectioners’ sugar
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 liters carbonated water
- Ice cubes
Cut the lemons into wedges and squeeze the juice in a pitcher. Stir in the lemonade, sugar and mint. Let it chill until serving time. Right before serving, stir in the carbonated water and pour over ice.
The chosen fruits are:
Wash and slice the fruits in a way you can apply the kebab skewer. Make the kebab by sorting the fruits by color: red, white, and blue.
Which of these ideas will you try for your Memorial Day BBQ? Follow us on Facebook for more amazing articles!