Carving pumpkins is not an easy task, and I bet you have that one failed pumpkin you pretend was intentional. It’s ok, we’ve all been there! To make things better, there’s an easier (and way more beautiful) way of decorating your home with pumpkins: by painting them!
Grab some pumpkins and different paints and check out these awesome painted pumpkin ideas!
Let’s start with an idea that fits basically any home decor: patterned pumpkins. You can easily do it yourself by making designs and outlines with painter’s tape and then painting the pumpkins using acrylic paint!
If you know your way around the paint brushes, then you should try using a pumpkin as a canvas. You can opt for a floral theme or even something abstract and you’ve made yourself some pumpkin art!
Modern Painted Pumpkins
Want to make your painted pumpkins stand out? Then try this:
- Spray paint some pumpkins with a neutral color and let them dry overnight
- Dip them upside down in a bowl or bucket filled with paint, preferably in a bold color or metallic tone
- Let the paint pour and drip down to create that effect.
That’s it! Your pumpkins will have a modern and stylish look!
Marble looks wonderful in any home decor, and you can also make the effect on your pumpkins too. Pick a dark grey or blue to make the effect and check out the instructions over at Alice and Lois!
Paint Splattered Pumpkins
The paint splatter trend is everywhere: on the throw pillows, on the stationary, and of course, on the pumpkins too! You can add the effect by letting diluted paint drip over the pumpkin. Easy and simple! Check out more details over at Homey Oh My!
Don’t these pumpkin look awesome?! And you can make them yourself!
- Spray paint the entire pumpkin if you don’t want the natural color to show
- Apply Mod Podge to the bottom half of the pumpkin (you can use masking tape if you want the lines to be perfect)
- Sprinkle glitter, generously.
- Shake off the extra glitter and let it dry.
- You can later add a second layer of Mod Podge once the pumpkin is dry, just to keep the glitter in place and prevent it from getting everywhere.
Another great way of creating painted designs on pumpkins is by using stencils! You can buy them at your local crafts store and then use acrylic paint to fill them in. You’ll end up with beautiful pumpkins to decorate your home!
These adorable little message pumpkins can be used to decorate the house, to serve as place cards on a fall dinner, or even as teacher gifts!
To make them, you’ll only need to coat mini pumpkins with black craft paint, and once they’re dry you can use paint pens to write messages. Isn’t it a great idea?
Want a super easy way to decorate your pumpkins, but still make them look gorgeous? You’ll love this idea:
Grab some mini pumpkins and use paint pens to draw a herringbone pattern.
Yep, that’s it! I told you it was easy. Even though the idea is simple, don’t they look incredible?
Gold is always welcome, especially during fall. The beautiful color matches the season’s color palette and makes any home instantly chic! To decorate a pumpkin with this idea, you’ll only need to dip the pumpkin in a bowl with golden paint and let it dry. Simple and easy!
Bonus: Spray Painting
In the end, nothing beats spray painted pumpkins. If you’re looking for a super easy way to decorate your home, you can choose colorful or metallic spray paint and go crazy!
Make combinations of colors, like this ombre centerpiece, or mix and match different colors to create a fun and joyful fall decoration.
Which one of these ideas was your favorite? Let us know through Facebook or use the comment section below!
- The 10 Most Impressive Pumpkin Carving Ideas To Try This Year
- How to Make a Jack-o-Lantern and Make it Last
- 10 DIY & Crafts to Welcome Fall in the Best Way