We have a special (and super delicious) treat for you to help you celebrate 4th of July this year! Shelby Kummer from Go Eat and Repeat has created this spectacularly festive cherry berry trifle made with fresh fruits in honor of Independence Day. We hope you enjoy it!
Fresh cherries, strawberries, and blueberries combine to make this super simple yet delicious Cherry Berry Trifle! Fun and festive, this dessert is 4th of July ready!
There is nothing quite like summer! BBQ’s, cookouts, poolside chilling, fresh produce, and festivals galore! One of my favorite parts, of course, is the abundance of fresh fruits and veggies that seem to be popping up everywhere.
With all of the fresh produce around, putting together a patriotic 4th of July dessert is super easy. Not only is the fruit cool and delicious, but it is perfect for celebrating the holiday!
This Cherry Berry Trifle is a perfect addition to your holiday celebration. Plus, it is so easy! All you do is layer pre-made white or pound cake with vanilla pudding, whipped cream, and fresh fruit. The result is not only delicious, but also gorgeous.
This simple dessert will feed a crowd and will definitely be a winner at your BBQ this weekend!
Happy 4th of July!
- Prep time: 20 minutes
- Cook time: 15 minutes
- Total time: 2 hours 35 minutes
- 1 (5oz) box vanilla cook and serve pudding mix
- 3 cups milk
- 1 white, pound, or angel food cake, cut into cubes
- 1 (8oz) container whipped cream
- 1 lb strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 20 cherries, pitted and sliced in half
- 1 pint blueberries
- Prepare pudding mix according to package directions with 3 cups milk. Allow to chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours or overnight.
- Assemble the trifle in a large serving bowl. First set in a layer of cake. Top with a layer of pudding and then a layer of whipped cream. Sprinkle on some strawberries, cherries, and blueberries. Repeat layers until glass is full.
- Store in the refrigerator until it's time to serve. Serve cold.
Hello! My name is Shelby and I am the publisher, recipe developer, and photographer extraordinaire behind Go Eat and Repeat. I'm a twenty something adult finishing out my Masters degree while pursuing one of my greatest passions in life- food! When I'm not busy in the kitchen I can be found cuddling with my fur babies, out on a walk, or traveling to fun destinations! Follow Shelby on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.
All images are original and should be credited and sourced to Shelby Kummer, author of Go Eat and Repeat.