Arm knitting is a beautiful and relaxing trend that has been around for a while now. In case you’ve never tried it, this Infinity Scarf is a great way to introduce you to what arm knitting is and how to use it to make a beautiful infinity scarf. In this article, however, you’re going to learn how to arm knit a blanket. They’re really easy to make and super cozy, ideal for those days you just want to lounge around your home!
Arm knit blankets have been a great trend since last year. And you might think it’s a bit difficult to follow instructions to knit a cozy blanket if you’re not used to knitting. However, there’s no need to panic since this is so easy! Ohhio has a great step-by-step guide with gifs on How to Arm Knit a Blanket. But the basic steps are:
- Measure your braid - For a medium blanket, use around 6 to 8 feet of yarn.
- Make a slip knot and cast on - It sounds a bit tricky, but don’t worry. Follow this Slip Knot Step By Step and this Cast On Technique.
- When you reach 28 stitches on your right arm, transfer them from one side to another. First, take the end of yarn that’s attached to the stein and lay it across the hand that has all the stitches.
- You are now going to lift the first stitch on your arm up, over the yarn that is held in your hand, and off the hand. You can let go of it once it is over and off the yarn held in you hand.
- Insert the hand that doesn’t have any stitches into this stitch that is on your hand, going under and up transferring the stitch over. (Check the image below to understand it better.)
- After all the stitches are on your left arm, you’re going to repeat the transferring process back to your right arm. And keep doing this until you have a good length to your blanket, which for a medium size is around 25 rows.
- To finish it, knit the first two stitches as you’ve been doing so far. Then take the first up and over the second stitch casting it off your arm.
- Last thing you need to do is weave in the ends.
Pretty simple, right? After practicing a few times, you’ll be able to finish your blanket in under one hour! Most people take 45 minutes to make one blanket.
Enjoy your comfy blanket while drinking the delicious Golden Mylk and have the best sleep ever!
Decorate Your Home
In addition to being the most comfortable kind of blanket, they can be amazing decorating pieces too! Here are some options:
- Rugs are always great decorating pieces
- If you’ve clicked on the Infinity Scarf article, you’ve probably already found the decorative pillows
- You can’t go wrong with coverlets
Will you try these ideas? Make sure to let us know your thoughts on the comments below and follow us on Facebook!