With summer just around the corner, everyone who's a pet owner must pay attention to their pets needs - especially dogs. These adorable animals can easily overheat during the hot weather. However, there's one thing that will help them cool off and feel better to enjoy the beautiful, sunny days: frozen treats! In this article you'll find the best and easiest DIY frozen dog treat recipes.
This treat is so easy to make and it only takes three ingredients:
- 2 cups watermelon
- 1 cup coconut milk (or coconut water)
- ¼ cup honey
Important: you’ll want to remove the seeds from the watermelon so your pet won't end up choking! Then you’ll blend it all until the consistency is liquid - pretty much a juice. Pour the mixture into a bone shaped ice tray silicone mold and let it freeze. After the treats are frozen, they're ready for your dog to enjoy.
Take a five-minute break from your busy day to check all these cute pets that will make you laugh and relax.
Strawberry and Banana Smoothies
It will take you about ten minutes to prepare this recipe. The ingredients you need are:
- 2 cups strawberries (sliced)
- 1 and ½ cups Greek yogurt (low fat)
- 1 sliced banana
- ¼ cup skim milk
- 3 tablespoons honey
And you can find the directions at The Cottage Market.
Have you already made your pool safe for kids and wildlife? See how you can do that here.
Pumpkin and Banana “Pupsicle”
If you're a fan of summer recipes, you probably already know these two flavors combine very well. Our puppy friends adore them as well, so for this recipe you'll need:
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 banana
See the full directions at Pet Guide.
Coconut Oil and Blueberry Hearts
Not only does this recipe helps your pet cool off, it's a healthy dog treat! And you only need two ingredients:
- ½ cup solid coconut oil
- Frozen blueberries
And the directions you'll follow:
- First of all, set aside the silicone mold with a frozen blubbery in each heart - find the perfect heart silicone mold here.
- Heat the coconut oil in a saucepan until it's liquid.
- Wait for it to cool and pour it into the mold.
- Put the mold in the fridge until frozen.
- You can store the treats in a plastic baggie in the freezer until ready to give to your dog.
This recipe is from Hello Nature, where you can find a lot more about dog health.
Peanut Butter and Coconut Oil Paws
For this you'll need:
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
If your coconut oil is in solid form, heat until melted. Then add the peanut butter and cinnamon stirring it until completely smooth. It should come to a point where it's thick but still pourable. Lastly, pour into the tray and take it to the freezer for a couple of hours (until frozen). These soften quickly, so make sure to store them in a container in the freezer.
Which is your pet's favorite treat? Tell us in the comments below and follow us on Facebook for more great pet-friendly articles!
- 11 Happy Photos of Adopted Dogs Meeting Their New Families
- This Campaign Promotes Pet Adoption with Artistic Photos
- 10 Smiling Animals to Brighten Your Day