We all like to spoil our moms with the best we've got when Mother's Day comes. There's no denying these women are such amazing and strong people - truly role models in life. So if you're trying to come up with ideas to make this the best Mother's Day for your loving mother, you came to the right place.
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart. - Helen Keller
Because all mothers love having photos of their family around, this gift still gives them the bonus of also being a flower vase. They're really simple to make and you can use tin cans or mason jars, whichever you have laying around.
Making a DIY sugar scrub is really easy. You will need only four ingredients:
- ¼ c. coconut oil
- ¾ - 1 c. granulated white sugar
- 3 drops of food coloring (yellow or purple)
- 15 drops of lemon or lavender essential oil (or vanilla extract)
Check the full instructions at Reasons To Skip The Housework.
Strawberry Pie Hearts
Imagine surprising your mother with a breakfast in bed with these delicious heart-shaped mini strawberry pies! You can find the full recipe at Lovely Little Kitchen.
If your mom likes candles, you must try this DIY gift. It's simple, inexpensive, and adds a delightful touch to the room. This short video shows how to make it. You'll need:
- A Teacup
- Hot glue gun
- Candle Making Kit
You can also make a Meaningful and Beautiful Card to tag along with your gift.
Everybody likes to feel loved and carry around something to remember those special people in their lives. Giving your mother a piece of jewelry can be a good idea, but crafting your own is even better. These galaxy necklaces might seem a bit tricky, but it's actually a quick and easy project. Check the tutorial here.
Jam is so easy to make and it takes breakfast in bed to the next level. Or, better yet, make it for a Sunday brunch that gathers the family in honor of your mom and grandma. Take a look at this delicious 30 minute recipe.
Related: 12 Ways To Show Grandma All Your Love This Mother's Day
Lime Cilantro Soap
For this you will need:
- 16 cubes from a Shea Butter Melt and Pour
- 20 drops lime essential oil
- 3 tablespoons cilantro (chopped)
These are the steps to follow:
- Use a microwave bowl to add your cubes of shea butter and microwave it for 30 seconds (on high voltage). Check if it's melted and microwave it 10 seconds more until it's completely melted.
- Add and stir the drops of lime essential oil and cilantro.
- Pour it into soap mold and let it sit for about an hour.
- Remove carefully pushing on the bottom of mold so you don't break the soap.
Brunch Recipes Ideas
Here are a few recipes that you can make at home to celebrate the day with all sorts of yummy food.
- Nutella Berry Crepes
- Eggs and Bacon Bowls
- Spinach Ricotta Brunch Cake
- Mini Fruit Pizzas
- Raspberry Basil Champagne Spritzers
- Tomato, Cucumber and Avocado Salad
- Greek Yogurt Pancakes
- Apple Rose Tarts
Combine flowers and chocolate and you have a happy mother. Learn how to make this adorable flower bouquet here.
Arm Knit Blanket
If you still don't have one of these amazing blankets, make sure to check this out now! These arm knit blankets are awesome, cozy, and your mother will certainly be glad to have one specially made for her. But just in case you want something a bit quicker to make, these arm knit infinity scarves ideas will surely inspire you.
Are you feeling more confident about making a gift for your mother? Tell us your pick on the comments below and check out more ideas for DIY & Decor!