Home improvement usually comes with the idea you’ll need to invest a lot of time, but these ideas are here to change that concept. They’re simple and can all be done in the matter of one day. Are you curious yet? Scroll down and check them out!
“The strength of a nation derives from the integrity of the home.” –Confucius
Especially in the hallway and bathroom. That way, if you wake up and need to go to the bathroom, there’s no need to turn on the lights (which you probably wouldn’t do anyway), you can just use the lamp to create a clarity that won’t blind you and prevent from kicking your toe in the corner of the bed.
Or Install Light Dimmers
These are also pretty useful when you need to go to the bathroom, but don’t want to flash that bright light in your recently awake eyes. The light dimmers will turn on just enough so you can see where the door knob is.
More than that,
Light dimmers are great to set the mood in a room. You could for something romantic on date night, or something relaxing by the end of a busy day.
Paint a Wall
Of course, painting a wall always makes your home look brand new, whether you go for a darker wall accent or a simple beige hue. This is one of the easiest ways you can improve your home in one day – it’ll probably be like an afternoon project. That is, of course, if you’re planning on painting just one wall.
Or Make a Wallpaper Accent
In case you don’t want to get the wall painted, a nice alternative is using wallpaper to create an accent. Wallpaper even has the advantage of having patterned options, if that’s something you’re into. Sure, you can create patterns with paint as well, but it might not end up as perfect as a wallpaper finish.
The idea of securing rugs consists on:
- Removing or replacing rugs that don’t really add up to your home decor, or that aren’t safe (such as slippery rugs)
- Using double-sided tape to stop rugs from moving or curling
- Vacuum or dry wash them to remove accumulated dust that could be causing allergies
Update Your Hardware
Updating your hardware doesn’t have to be tricky, it’s not like we’re saying to get a whole new set of cabinets. It can be something as simple as picking and installing new door knobs! Of course, you can also go for the paint trick here and give your kitchen cabinets a new look.
Switch Your Bathroom Faucet
One of the best features you could get for your bathroom is a sensor-activated faucet. And here’s why:
- It makes the bathroom easy to clean
- There’s no risk of cross contamination (you know, when you get sick, a sensor-activated faucet prevents from spreading germs to the rest of the family)
- It helps reduce water waste
- In the long term, it helps saving energy
What about getting some help to improve your home? Get a free quote from a professional painter!
More from homeyou:
- 10 Questions to Ask Your Contractor Before Starting a Project
- How to Make Your Home Safer and Avoid Stress
- 7 Important Things Every Homeowner Should Know