A tidy house isn’t just pretty to look at, it’s also more practical and does wonders for your mental health. But keeping the house organized can be challenging, as will attest anyone who’s ever tried.
In this article, we'll show you organization tips that are easy and make your home look beautiful. You can accomplish a lot with small changes at a time, but the secret is to make organizing as easy as possible on yourself – that way you’ll never feel overwhelmed by it.
Follow these organizing tips for your home and you will instantly see results!
1. Entryway Organization
A peg rail hanging on the door makes it easy to hang coats and bags when entering or leaving your house. They can be attached behind or beside the door, and there’s a wide range of materials you can choose from.
Whether you go for metal or wood, they keep your entryway organized and prevent leaving bags and coats lying around the kitchen or living room.
Another good option to save time during this season is to place a small dresser near the entrance. You can leave your winter accessories stored for easy access and add a mirror on top.
2. Catch-All Tray
This option is great for those who don't like to hang things on the wall or don’t want to drill any holes. Any bowl or tray that isn't being used can be placed in the living room or entryway to put keys, coins, earrings, wallet, anything small that you need to remember before leaving the house.
3. Drawer Dividers
Closet drawers can get really messy, especially if you don’t have the habit of organizing them often. To make things easier and keep drawers always neat, consider DIYing drawer dividers. This will help a lot in your home organization. Here’s how to:
- Determine the layout of your drawer dividers and cut a few pieces of cardboard, as many as you need depending on the size of your drawer and how many divisions you’ll make.
- Use a box cutter to cut thin strips halfway down the dividers, where the pieces will intersect.
- Slide the cardboard strips together at the cutout placements. You can glue them together if you wish.
- Straighten out the grid in your drawer and that’s it!
4. Take advantage of that empty wall space
Take advantage of your walls to take clutter out of the floor. Throughout the house, you can install shelves and custom cabinets to store your belongings and free up some space.
- In the kitchen, rods with hooks can keep your most-used kitchenware in hand and extra shelves can store your bowls and breakfast supplies.
- In the bathroom, hangers can hold your towels while small shelves can store your beauty products.
- A vertical garden can beautify your home without taking up desk space.
5. Add containers and baskets to your pantry
A good tip for your refrigerator and pantry not to get disorganized is to buy plastic organizers and small baskets to place your purchases inside and facilitate the access.
If you have the time, you can even label your bigger containers to keep similar goods always together.
6. Spice tray
A spice tray or basket can keep all your spices together, making it super easy and convenient to pick them up whenever you’re cooking. You can simply get the entire tray out of the cabinet and leave it near your stove, and store it away once you’re done cooking.
A simple tray, basket, or wooden box works wonders, and you can paint and decorate as you like.
7. Under-the-Bed Bin
Do you know those out-of-season clothes? Free up some closet space and put them in a box or plastic container under the bed, keeping them safe and secure while the season doesn't arrive. That leaves you with more available space inside your closet, making it easier to organize and keep things neat.
You can also use this idea in the children’s room, to store toys and art supplies that don’t have a better place to be.
A tidy house can greatly affect a person’s mood, and that’s why it’s important to always have a house cleaning company on call!
MORE FROM HOMEYOU
6 Ways To Get Your Home Ready for 2022
A Simple Guide To a Clean Home
The Last Kitchen Declutter Guide You’ll Ever Need