There are many reasons why we choose to pick up a book: someone recommended, the plot sounds interesting, it’s by an author you like, or - even though we don’t really admit it - sometimes we buy a book just because the cover was awesome. No shame in that!
If you’re like me and you love new books (especially if they look awesome) then check out this books list filled with hilarious titles you’ll want to get ASAP!
1. This bold and lovely story for those who don’t like sad surprises.
This devastating yet uplifting story by Adam Silvera shows how there’s no life without death and no love without loss, telling the story about two people whose lives change over the course of one unforgettable day.
2. Why Cats Paint, the book that answers the question we’ve been all asking ourselves. Or not.
This book by Heather Busch and Burton Silver melts the heart of cat lovers and art lovers alike showing an unprecedented photographic record of cat creativity.
Price: $11.59 for paperback
3. This guide is perfect for those who like to be prepared. Better safe than sorry, right?
This comprehensive survival guide by Chuck Sambuchino will help you prevent, prepare for, and ward off an imminent invasion by garden gnomes, because that’s just what we needed to worry about.
Price: $8.49 for hardcover
4. How to avoid huge ships - perfect to give to that friend who has everything.
I’m sorry, I don’t even know what to write for this. Just, just… Let that cover sink in.
Price: $64.43 paperback
5. The title’s brutal honesty combined with that wet kitty just makes this book a must-read.
Promising review: “This is such an incredible piece of writing. It literally messed up my sleep because I could not put it down. It's hilarious and poignant and real and I cannot recommend it highly enough.” -Alyssa R. W
Price: $10.97 paperback
6. This lovely book is for those who just want to love and be loved, doesn’t matter by whom. Finally.
“What really makes love last? Does love ever work the way we say it does in movies and books and Facebook posts? Or does obsessing over those love stories hurt our real-life relationships?”
This charming and insightful memoir by Mandy Len Catron sails through known romantic myths and how they can affect our ability to achieve and sustain intimacy.
Price: $15.10 for hardcover
7. A book everybody needs to read if they want to be awesome
Lorraine Peterson wrote this book in all seriousness trying to help high-school aged kids, which is a very noble intent. It doesn’t mean it can’t be an amazing party gift, though.
Price: $2.15 for paperback
8. Just take a few minutes to appreciate this beautiful title (and cover)
Promising review: “I don't know how I got along this far in life without this fine instructional tome detailing the finer points of Jewish-Japanese Sex, recipes for every possible permutation of fine dining one could ever want, and fine advice on raising wolves. Had I read this when I was younger, I would surely be running for President instead of writing reviews on Amazon. Highly recommended.” -Amazon Costumer
Price: $127.27 paperback
9. This is one of those books that you have to read at least once in your lifetime.
This dark comedy book by Avery Monsen and Jory John explores death in a way that you’ve never seen before.
10. Every man needs to read this manly and quirky manual.
The book by Dave Fougner explores the basics of knitting for beginners, while also providing wonderful photographs, helpful illustrations and step-by-step instructions. Everything you need for a lazy weekend.
Price: from $12.65 for hardcover
11. Now here is book for those looking for true entertainment.
According to Amazon, this is “a must-have for anyone with a passion for shopping carts and a love of the great outdoors.” Why not, right?
Price: $16.55 for paperback
12. Just look at this cover. Just... just look. It can make any cat lover swoon immediately.
This laugh out loud book by Francesco Marciuliano will enchant any cat lover with the quirkiness of their feline friends with these super fun, curious and insightful poems.
Price: $6.50 for hardcover
13. Because we all have those moments where we just want to hate in peace.
In this hilarious book, Matthew DiBenedetti explores his everyday hatred, be it for going bald, for the water that squirts out of the mustard bottle, or for all the other super relatable things that’ll make you laugh.
Price: $5.84 for paperback
14. Don’t know what to give as a gift to someone? Give them some relaxing time with these farting animals coloring books
Hands down the BEST coloring books out there.
15. To poop or not to poop? That’s the question
According to Amazon, this funny book by Taro Gomi is “part biology textbook, part sociological treatise and all celebration of a very natural process.” Doesn’t it sound super cool?!
Price: $6.25 for paperback
- 10 Stylish DIY Ideas To Decorate Your Home With Books
- 20 Things You Need ASAP If You Love Coffee Way Too Much
- How to Design the Perfect Reading Nook
- 6 Home Bookcases So Cool They’ll Write Stories About Them
- 5 Libraries to Add To Any Bookworm's Bucket List
Which one of these hilarious book covers is your favorite? Let us know at our Facebook page or in the comments below - we’d love to hear your opinion!