With the warmer weather bringing us motivation and raising our willpower, it’s time to use that energy to upgrade our homes and improve our lives. And what better way to do it than with simple projects that we can do ourselves? Check out these amazing ideas below that will instantly transform your home while keeping you busy on a lazy afternoon!
Make Your Entrance Inviting
Create an amazing first impression on your guests by having a gorgeous and welcoming entrance. Updating the landscape is the best way to improve your curb appeal! Place a nice welcome mat, add some potted flowers, consider upgrading the outdoor lighting to illuminate the walkway and maybe even dress your door with new hardware. If you feel like it needs a little more pop, consider touching up your front door with a cheery color to celebrate the warmer season ahead of us.
Don’t know what color to choose for your front door? Check out these gorgeous 7 Paint Trends!
Add Storage to Your Entry
No more misplaced keys, bags, or shoes! Add a beautiful shelving system or re-purpose old furniture to add style and make the space more practical. If you don’t have much space, a small-scale table is perfect to sit beside the front door. Even though it’s compact, the drawers will help keep the space more organized and store important items to save you time later on.
Want to bring a bigger impact to your entryway? Check out these 10 Incredible Wallpaper Ideas To Transform Your Entryway!
Give Your Yard a Boost
With the warmer season here, it’s time to get your yard in tip-top shape. In just a weekend, you can easily create a new garden, get your yard in shape and even plant some seasonal plants and herbs that will provide you with fresh herbs for your meals and fresh flowers to decorate your home. It’s the perfect project to get more connected with nature!
Update a Wall
Choosing an accent wall to get a touch up is a great way to easily transform a room. Pick a smaller wall in the entryway, living room, or home office and take a day to paint it with a bright color or add a self-adhesive wallpaper. Don’t let the project scare you: the results are totally worth it!
You can also take some time to patch existing holes and dings around the house. Did an art-arranging project go awry? For smaller nail holes and other minor wall imperfections, use a putty knife and surfacing compound to easily conceal it. For larger holes, place an adhesive patch over the area and spread an all-purpose drywall compound over it with a trowel. Wait for it to dry (it may take overnight) and paint the patch. You’re done!
Upgrade Your Bathroom
There are many small projects that you can do in a weekend that will instantly update the bathroom.
- Replace the showerhead: Choose a low-flow unit and you'll get virtually the same sensation of water flow while saving money on your water bill. On the other hand, if your shower flow is too low, check to see if hard-water deposits are clogging the holes.
- Change the hardware: Another easy project to transform your bathroom is replacing the hardware for a more beautiful, durable, and modern look. Change the towel bars, toilet paper holders, hooks, rings, handles, and other small hardware pieces to instantly update the space.
- Replace the faucet: Updating your faucet is a great way to easily upgrade your bathroom and even add style to it.
- Hang a medicine cabinet: Choose a cabinet that can mount directly to the wall above your sink and with just a stud finder and a drill, you’ll be able to install it in less than an hour.
Upgrade Your Kitchen
Tired of a dull kitchen? Transform its mood by making some simple and yet bold changes, and add personality to it.
- Redo the backsplash: It’s not as complicated as it sounds, it’s actually quite simple! Check out these tips for some details on how to do it yourself.
- Change the hardware: Spice up your cabinets and drawers by replacing the handles and pulls to some with a more modern design. With just this simple update, you can instantly transform the space and bring more style and elegance to the kitchen.
- Transform your cabinets: By removing the cabinet doors on your upper cabinets, you’ll create some beautiful open storage that is super trendy right now. Paint the inside with a colorful tone or add contact paper to bring in a bold effect and make your dishes pop!
- Swap out cabinet door inserts: Another way to revamp your cabinets is by replacing the door inserts. There are many options to choose from: stainless steel, stamped tin, glass, wrought-iron grillwork, or even wood painted to match your flooring or countertops.
- Replace an appliance: Especially if your refrigerator or dishwasher was bought a long a time ago, replacing an old appliance for a new energy-efficient model will make your energy bill drop significantly while also updating the look of the space.
With just a little effort and some willpower, you can transform a room or even the entire house in just a weekend. What do you think of these ideas? Which one did you like most? Let us know on our Facebook page or in the comments below!