Whether you’re renovating the house to add style and comfort or you’re planning on increasing home value for appraisal, everybody can benefit from some well-planned upgrades. Come along and check out these seven home improvement projects that will boost your house’s value!
A man's house is his castle. -James Otis
Let’s start with one of the most important things: the curb appeal. That’s one of the things that counts the most, since you can’t change the first impression of a guest or of a prospective buyer. A great first impression can determine the future of your home and instantly make a person love it or dislike it.
How to raise curb appeal:
- Add a gorgeous front door and new fixtures
- Clean landscaping and beautiful front lawn
- Redo the exterior painting and do minor repairs on the siding if needed
- Pay attention to the entryway
This is a well-known tip that can make the house sell faster. Upgrade your old appliances such as the fridge, microwave, range hood, and dishwasher to newer, energy efficient models, all with the same finish. Not only will you make your kitchen look much better and more modern, but you’ll also boost your home’s value and save money on your bills in the process!
Tip: Stainless steel never goes out of style!
Master Bath Makeover
Everybody can agree that the bathroom and the kitchen are the most important rooms of the house, so don’t hold back on them. A master bath makeover is proven to be one of the projects that can drastically boost a home’s value, bringing a great return and simply being a game-changer. A gorgeous bathroom is one of the main selling points of a house!
Do it now:
- Change the shower and bathtub fixtures
- Switch out old materials for modern options
- Install a new faucet and showerhead
- Change the light fixtures
- Consider changing the tiles for a brighter and easier to clean finish
Outdoor Living Space
It’s amazing what an outdoor patio or living space can do for a house. Invest in a deck or a patio, and add a firepit, some beautiful chairs, a picnic or dining table, and maybe even a small pool. The addition adds usable square footage to your home besides being great for summer parties and gatherings.
Get ahead and fix all the repairs needed or consider replacing the roof to make your house stand out to prospective buyers. You can choose from various roofing materials and different colors for a fantastic exterior upgrade.
Click here to find the best professionals near you.
Update those dated, dark light fixtures to newer and brighter options to instantly make your house feel brighter. This easy upgrade is simple - you can even install the new fixtures yourself- but it can make a huge difference.
Tip: Add dimmers to the bedroom and living room to make the space even more interesting
Nothing beats hardwood flooring, so consider taking away that carpet or vinyl that’s hiding the original flooring and let it shine. Contact a professional to refinish the floors to give them a fresh look and you’ll see for yourself how they can transform a house.
- 5 Breathtaking Before and After Backyard Makeovers
- 9 of the Most Unbelievable Before and After Home Makeovers of all Time
- 10 Mind-blowing Wall Makeovers On A Budget (With Before and After Pictures!)
- Improve Your Home With These 6 Weekend Projects
- How to Design and Build a Room Above the Garage: Step 1 - Framing
Which of these projects are you starting first? Contact us here to start your home improvement and let us know at our Facebook page what you think of these ideas!